The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located at the base of the neck, which regulates most of the metabolic processes in the body. In fact, every cell in the body has a receptor site for the thyroid hormone. When the thyroid doesn’t produce enough of the thyroid hormone, it is considered a hypothyroid.
At Rejuvenate Your Life, we use functional endocrinology and immunology, as well as blood chemistry analysis to help our patients manage their thyroid condition successfully.
Common symptoms of a hypothyroid
- Sensitivity to cold
- Dry and itchy skin
- Dry, brittle hair that falls out easily (including eyebrows)
- Lingering digestive problems including constipation
- Headaches first thing in the morning
- Weight gain, even while eating a low calorie diet
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Poor circulation
- Prone to catching colds and other bacterial/viral infections easily, also takes a longer time to recover from them
- Muscle cramps, even while at rest
- Slow healing wounds
- Excessive amounts of sleep needed in order to function
If you’re ready to be in control of your hypothyroid, please call us today to schedule your first consultation.